12 May Nursing Home
A couple of weeks ago we spoke about living independently. However, that may not be possible. Moving a loved one into a Nursing Home or Independent Living Home can be daunting. Preparing a list of questions, such as these below, will help you choose the best care facility. There are many good options.
- Do residents have private rooms and bathrooms?
- What are your current visitor polices or restrictions?
- What are the staffing ratios?
- What is your staff turnover rate?
- Which standard and higher-level services do you offer?
- How do you prevent pressure sores in this facility?
- How does your facility avoid infections in general?
- What if I run out of money?
- Do you provide special care for people with dementia?
- How do you promote diversity so all residents feel comfortable?
- What about mood-alerting medications?
- Who do I go to if I have a problem with my family member’s care?